Saturday, October 3, 2009

Save Money on Cable/Satellite TV Bill



Everyone likes to save money on their bills. I have been giving a great deal of thought on how to do that with our TV. I have to admit my family likes TV. We watch it often. Even though now that I think about it there are very few shows that we really enjoy! (That is sad.) So I have been thinking on how I can save more money on our satellite T.V. service. One great way to do that is to use sites on the internet to watch the shows you enjoy. There are several sites. I have tried a few of them and I can recommend two.

The great thing is that you can watch the show you want to watch anytime, and you don't have to wait for it to come on the T.V. That way you are not trying to work your life around a T.V. program. I like that because I don't usually watch any T.V. throughout the day but after all the kids go to bed I like to watch one or two shows that I enjoy before I fall asleep. The sites on the internet are basically commercial free. There are a few commercials but the cool thing is that you can skip over them or they only last 30 seconds long and there is a timer at the top of the screen telling you when the show will be back on.

The other great thing about watching something online is that if the phone rings or I need to get up to get a midnight snack I can pause it for as long as I wish. Or say I missed what they just said, no problem just go back! I love that! So here are a few sites that I like:

Click here for Hulu. You may have seen their commercials on T.V. I like this site because it is very user friendly. You have to wait the following day for a program to air on Hulu. They have had entire seasons of shows, and this is great if you discover a great show you had missed a few episodes for. They also have a cool tool where you just mouse over the program and they pop up a little info about that particular episode.

CLICK HERE to try out QuickTvOnline. This site is not as user friendly as Hulu but they have tons of shows to watch and some that Hulu does not have. They also will get any show you want if you request it! That is too cool!

You can only have your internet bill this way or just drop your regular service to very very basic, either way you are Saving Your Green!

I would love to know if you like any other services besides these two and why. If so let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the great comments, I always appreciate them. This is a family blog, and some folks seem to forget that so I had to ad word verification to keep spam at bay and moderate all comments to remove adult content that is unwelcome on my blog. Thanks for your understanding.