Friday, April 10, 2009

Number One Way to Save on Toilet Paper!

One of the top non-food items that I spend my green on is toilet paper. The number one way to save on toilet paper is to keep your two year old out of the bathroom!!!!

For some odd (must be a little boy thing) reason my son LOVES to go into the bathroom. He sneaks off there every chance he gets and its all about the mischief when he gets in there. Now that he is newly potty trained, (WHooo HOoOO!)he likes to escape to the bathroom for pure trouble even more.

This morning I found TWO, yes count them two soggy but BRAND NEW rolls of toilet paper in the toilet, there just soaking up some fine toilet water! How do you get soggy TP out of the toilet without making an even bigger mess? All I can think of is to squeeze some of the water out and toss it into the sink to drain. (But its not like I can actually save it, I don't think I want to.)

Then I look over to my left and see that all of the toilet paper that WAS on the roll is nicely unrolled onto the floor that is splashed with MORE toilet water. Oh How I love my son, this is what I tell my self as I clean up this mess.

So I ask (well I am sure it was more like yell) Why did you do that? Then Don't do that again you made a big mess! You are NOT allowed to play with the toilet paper and you are not allowed to put anything in the toilet besides poop and pee! That is GROSS!

My two year old says in his biggest sweetest voice, "OK Mommy, I won't!" "Sorry Mommy", like I never heard that before! He always says he is sorry when he is in trouble and wants to be out of time out. But his voice and face are so cute when he says it, I am sure it is designed to melt hearts.

I am not exactly sure how in less than two minutes such a big mess can happen but I am sure that it has everything to do with rotten little boys!

So lesson learned...no more monkeys in the bathroom! That is how I save on toilet paper!

1 comment:

  1. Second best way to save on toilet paper; get a hand held bathroom bidet sprayer and then you won't ever have to worry about running out of toilet paper again. With these you can use a towel to just dry off (yes your own personal towel for those with no imagination) and it's much more sanitary. I think Dr. Oz on Oprah said it best: "if you had pee or poop on your hand, you wouldn't wipe it off with paper, would you? You'd wash it off" It makes cleaning the toilet itself a breeze also. For those of us who really like to be clean it is the best invention since the toilet. It is so much better than a stand alone bidet and this is why: 1. It's less expensive (potentially allot less) 2. You can install in yourself = no plumber expense 3. It works better by providing more control of where the water spray goes and a greater volume of water flow. 4. It requires no electricity and there are few things that can go wrong with it. 5. It doesn't take up any more space, many bathrooms don't have room for a stand alone bidet. 6. You don’t have to get up and move from the toilet to the bidet which can be rather awkward at times to say the least. Available at http://www.bathroomsprayers.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the great comments, I always appreciate them. This is a family blog, and some folks seem to forget that so I had to ad word verification to keep spam at bay and moderate all comments to remove adult content that is unwelcome on my blog. Thanks for your understanding.