Monday, May 3, 2010

Remember a Few Reasons to Smile!




my son making me smile!






OK it is Monday, no one likes Mondays but that is not any reason to get down on yourself. I have been noticing a trend with some of the bloggers out there, and some saving Mommies like me. A blaw trend, a whinning trend, a poor me and I just am going to give up trend. Sometimes you get down and you just don't feel like saving, clipping, cleaning or going out of our way to get some good deals. That is no reason to give up!

My Mama has a saying that really fits this situation and pert-a-near any ole situation when you get to feeling a bit blaw and sorry for your self. Here goes; If ya want to have a pitty party then be sure to not invite anyone else that way YOU are sure to be the center of attention!

I like this saying, for one when I am feeling sorry for my self it makes me smile. Two, you don't really need to bring anyone else down when you are just having a bad day.

So just wipe a smile on with some heavy make-up, pull out your Drama Queen shorts and ACT like you are having a wonderful day instead. I will tell ya that it works. You start acting like you are happy you will start to feel happy. It's been proven.

Next lets talk about the whinning. Don't start giving up just because you bought something for full price when it is not on sale and you don't have a coupon. You didn't ruin your whole saving your green thing completely and the frugal police aren't about to round you up. Don't go saying well I am sick of this buget and saving nonsence if I cannot even stop at Wally world and keep on track. That's a lot to carry around in your purse, let alone its not a reason to kick yourself in the butt for.

This is how I look at it; if I go to a store and make an unplanned, uncouponed purchase well it is no reason to cry because of coulda, shoulda or woulda got a better deal. I have a whole cupboard and freezer full of free or next to free deals that my family uses every day. If I go and splurge a bit I am splurging with the money I saved from my last deal. I would not be able to splurge at all if I was not saving so much!

Sometimes I find myself falling into that trap we set for ourselves trying to be the "perfect" Mom, or wife, or woman. I turn around and I have put too many things on my plate. I cannot be the "perfect" Mom, if I am also the "perfect" girlfriend, or "perfect" volunteer at the school, or the "perfect" wife, or the "perfect" soccer mom. I have found that when I add too many things to my To-Do-List I end up screwing up the whole bunch. So I have had to set limits on me.

Now you know that I am not one of those Moms that do it all, but my kids are not having to sacrifice any "Mommy time" either. I have always made them the top priority, so saving money came naturally after that. I want to provide the most I can for my kids. My income is limited so I made the best with what I have. If I try to start doing too many other things my kids start to loose out. Catching a perfect deal everytime is not the top priority, my family is. If your family is your top priority then don't beat yourself up if you missed a deal or paid full price for the toilet paper.

Here are a few old sayings that maybe your mama and mine may have told us once or twice, if not, they are fun to read anyhow;

Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. - Groucho Marx

Being happy doesn't mean you're perfect. It just means you've decided to look beyond the imperfections - K.B Indiana (age 14)

When I think of the last time somebody made me feel good.. the last time somebody made me really laugh... the last time somebody made me happy... I was with you. (unknown)

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." - Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

If you think sunshine brings you happiness, then you haven't danced in the rain. - unknown

Like the old song says "Don't worry be happy!"

What are your favorite sayings about being happy or what do you do to remind yourself how blessed you are?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the great comments, I always appreciate them. This is a family blog, and some folks seem to forget that so I had to ad word verification to keep spam at bay and moderate all comments to remove adult content that is unwelcome on my blog. Thanks for your understanding.