Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Tried and True Cookie Recipes!


Thought I would share with you two of my favorite cookie recipes from my family. Maybe you have a favorite Mom's Cookie recipe you can share too!



My Mom is a box cook. That means most everything she cooks comes out of a box, or is so easy it is could be out of a box. She can make good stuff too! This is one of the chocolate chip cookies I grew up on out of my Mom’s kitchen. They are really good, but not traditional! The best part is that they are super easy, a pre-requisite for any of my Mother’s cooking!



Mama’s Easy Chocolate Chip Cookies

Preheat oven to 350

1 Yellow Cake Mix

2 eggs

¼ cup vegetable oil

¼ cup water

1 package of chocolate chips

Mix all ingredients in in a bowl, drop by spoon onto a ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake about 8-10 min until light golden color.




Then the next cook in my family is my Granny! She by far is the best cook I have ever known. I love her cooking to this day. When I make something my tastebuds hold me up to her standards. If taste something and if it is not as good as Granny’s then I keep trying!

She has tons of great recipes but I am sharing cookie recipes today so here is my Granny’s Peanut Butter Cookie recipe. These are so light and fluffy they just melt in your mouth. Thanks Granny!

Granny’s Peanut Butter Cookies

1 ½ cups flour

½ tsp. Baking soda

½ tsp. Salt

½ cup Peanut Butter

½ cup butter (softened)

1 cup Brown Sugar

1 egg

1 tsp vanilla

Mix flour, baking soda and salt. Mix peanut butter; add brown sugar gradually. Beat in egg and vanilla. Roll into balls, flatten with a fork on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 375 for 8-10 min.

YUMMY!

What are your favorite cookie recipes from your Mom and/or Granny? I would love for you to share one. I love tried and true recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the great comments, I always appreciate them. This is a family blog, and some folks seem to forget that so I had to ad word verification to keep spam at bay and moderate all comments to remove adult content that is unwelcome on my blog. Thanks for your understanding.