Monday, September 6, 2010

My 1st Attempt at Spaghetti Squash


Because we moved this year in June I did not plant a garden. I thought for sure I would miss out on so much good fresh veggies, but I was WRONG! My neighbors and family have come through for me a million times over.








I have so much Fruits and Veggies right now that I am sure my next few posts will be about some really good eating!



Spaghetti Squash is one veggie I have never ate, bought or grown. My neighbor brought over two huge ones. So I had to ask my Granny how to cook it.

Then we added our own touches to it and this is what the end result was:


Take the squash and wash it off and pat dry with a towel or paper towel.

Place on an ungreased baking sheet and stick it in a 375 degree oven and bake for about 40-50 min. or until you can easily pierce it through with a knife.



Once you are finished baking take it out and let it cool enough so you can touch it with your bare hands. (I ran in and took a shower here.)











Then come back clean and refreshed and cut it down the middle with a knife.





Scoop out the seeds with a spoon and then use a couple of forks to scoop out the spaghetti stuff.

















I found it was easier to work sideways instead of down the length of it. (If that makes sense)

















Once you are done treat it like pasta noodles. They are fully cooked so serve it with some olive oil and garlic or what ever you like. Little shredded cheese salt and pepper garlic...YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the great comments, I always appreciate them. This is a family blog, and some folks seem to forget that so I had to ad word verification to keep spam at bay and moderate all comments to remove adult content that is unwelcome on my blog. Thanks for your understanding.