Saturday, October 2, 2010

Squash Casserole


I had tons of yellow squash from neighbors and family's gardens and I froze some chopped up with some zucchini and onions for a quick veggie latter in the year. But I still had some left over! So I searched the internet for another recipe to use up the yellow squash. I found one for a Squash Casserole and I tried it out and it is AWESOME! This also freezes perfectly well.

I wanted to share it with you so here goes:

2 Lb. yellow squash

1/2 Cups sour cream

1/4 Cups melted butter

1/4 Cups green onions -- sliced tops and bottoms (used white onions and chives)

1/2 Tsp. salt

1/8 Tsp. pepper

1 Cups bread crumbs

1/4 Cups Parmesan cheese

1/4 Cups melted butter











Cook squash in small amount of water until just tender.

Drain, mash slightly, then drain again. Combine with sour

cream, 1/4 cup butter, onions, salt and pepper. Place in

buttered 1 quart casserole dish. Mix together bread crumbs and

cheese; toss with 1/4 cup melted butter. Sprinkle this mixture

over squash. Bake in preheated 350 degrees oven for 25 minutes or

until bubbly. Serves 6.






I cooked these just before the topping turned golden brown and let them cool, wrapped them up and froze them. I took them out of the freezer and heated them at 350 degrees just until they were heated through and the tops were brown and they made a tasty side dish. I served this with pork and green beans. Tasty yummy good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the great comments, I always appreciate them. This is a family blog, and some folks seem to forget that so I had to ad word verification to keep spam at bay and moderate all comments to remove adult content that is unwelcome on my blog. Thanks for your understanding.