Thursday, November 18, 2010

Breakfast Burritos!



My family has turned into all MALES! EEeeek! Yes that means I am now out numbered until my daughter or step-daughters come for their visits. I have a three year old going on 14 year old son, a 18 year old son who is a senior in high school and my love, my soulmate Daddy Dave. My oldest daughter is 20 and she is away in college back in Maine. My three step-daughters also live out of state.

Males ~ 3

Females~ JUST ME!

So.... The men they EAT! They eat A LOT! They want a big hearty breakfast every morning, me I just want coffee and some yogurt or some fruit.

I have come up with a few breakfast make-a-heads that the boys love! They are perfect to make one day and keep in your freezer for easy micro-waving in the morning!

The ones I want to share with you today are Breakfast Burritos!

You will love these because they are so simple and easy to tweak to your family's taste buds.



You will need:
Eggs, Potatoes, Onions, Sausage, flour tortillas, shredded cheese salt, pepper, and ketchup.

First wash and diced your potatoes and fry them in a skillet just as you would home fries or hash browns. I added some diced onions with mine and some salt and pepper.
Fry up the sausage, scramble the eggs, and warm your tortillas.

In a big pan or bowl mix together the scrambled eggs, fried potatoes, and cooked sausage.


I used venison sausage that was given to me, and fresh eggs my neighbor also gave me. I bought two packs of 10 flour tortillas and warmed them inside a folded up kitchen towel in the microwave. Be careful not to overheat them, you just want them warm.


Once the tortillas are warm take one out of the kitchen towel and place a couple spoonfuls of your egg mixture down the middle of the tortilla.


Then I placed a a couple of tablespoons of shredded cheese and a squirt of ketchup down the middle. (Mix it up here ad salsa, country sausage gravy or something else if you don't like ketchup.)

Pinch in the ends on both sides of the tortilla so that it is touching the strip if mixture in the middle of the tortilla. (OMG! My hands look OLD! oh uh hem my mom's hands are shown here...hehe Yeah that sounds better lol)

Then fold over one side of the tortilla to cover the mixture and roll to close. Your burrito is done! You can eat it here if you like.

Or what I did was wrap them each individually in wax paper. Then I stuck them back into the package that the tortillas came in because they have a zip close top like a baggie. I stuck a sticker on the baggie that says breakfast burritos with a date on it. Not that they will go bad, every time I make these they last only about a week. (I think they like them! hehe)

Once you take them out of the freezer you just need to microwave them for two minutes in the wax paper, unroll and eat. Your microwave heating times may vary.

Like I said you can adjust this recipe to make it your own or just change it up for fun. Add bacon, or ham and swiss cheese, make it lunch by adding taco meat and beans and cheese. The possibilities are endless. What would you put in it?

Enjoy!







4 comments:

  1. Wow - I can't imagine eating so much for breakfast!

    Well, actually I often eat pie with ice cream. I just don't normally see burritos as a breakfast food.

    But maybe I should open my mind. And my tummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very tasty and you can make them any size you like.

    I LOVE having these ready when we are leaving early for a family trip. I will heat them all up, wrap in foil and stick in a paper bag. Then when we get down the road a bit and everyone is hollering for a stop at McDonalds for breakfast I whip these bad boys out. MUCH BETTER, and Cheaper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if you'll even see this since your last comment was 4 years ago! Anyway, I make mine quite similar but with a twist! I like to call mine "Frenched Breakfast Burrito's" because before I wrap the ingredients in the burrito, I dip the burrito in a mixture of egg, milk and a touch of salt and cook it quickly in a pan with a bit of butter. Just like you would do French Toast. This is my own invention and I get rave reviews from all that have eaten them. I also add bacon inside mine (no ketchup), some people request that I add some of my home made salsa also. My husband and I run a Farmer's Market six month's out of the year. I'm the one that does all of the cooking to feed the farmer's that come to sell their produce and plants. I now also cook for the people that shop with the farmer's. I have a steady group of regulars whom I cook lunch for. At the end of the six month's I'm always glad that I have a six month reprieve from cooking for so many people. I don't know how they do it in a restaurant, I'm only open for business on Fridays for 4 hours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those do sound great! Thanks for the comment. I hope you charge for those burritos and make some $$ for those six months of hard work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the great comments, I always appreciate them. This is a family blog, and some folks seem to forget that so I had to ad word verification to keep spam at bay and moderate all comments to remove adult content that is unwelcome on my blog. Thanks for your understanding.