Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Salted Chocolate Almond Fudge...."Easy Fudge"


I ran across this fudge recipe out of the millions and trillions of recipes for fudge out there. I changed it up a bit, and you could too. I am not a super fan of fudge but this one is awesome! Another reason I LOVE this recipe is because it is so EASY! I am thinking of trying another fruit like dried cranberries or blueberries too??

What you will need:
8x8 pan
cookie sheet
foil or wax paper
1 bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 can of sweetened condensed milk
1 cup of almonds
1 cup of dried cherries
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 brown sugar
sea salt

Line your cookie sheet with foil or wax paper, also line the 8x8 pan.

I lined my 8x8 pan with two pieces in a cross shape so I can pull the fudge out easily when it is done.


Coarsely chop the almonds, melt butter in pan and then add the brown sugar. Cook until bubbly for about 1 minute then add the almonds. Stir to coat and spread on cookie sheet. Let cool completely (about 20 minutes.)

Then once the almonds are cool, break up any clumps. In a microwave safe bowl add chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk and mix a bit then pop it in the microwave for 1 minute. Stir again, microwave once more for 1 minute. All of the chips should be completely melted. Add the almonds and the cherries and mix. Spread evenly in the 8x8 pan. Sprinkle with Sea Salt on top. Let cool in refrigerator for about two hours. Cut into 1 inch squares.

This makes an awesome gift! Great for neighbors, your postman, aunties, and I like to keep something like this on hand in a nice little Christmas box or jar for any unexpected gifts I may have to have quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the great comments, I always appreciate them. This is a family blog, and some folks seem to forget that so I had to ad word verification to keep spam at bay and moderate all comments to remove adult content that is unwelcome on my blog. Thanks for your understanding.