Saturday, November 23, 2013

Cranberry Sauce Recipe! So easy...so yummy!


I made this cranberry sauce last year and we all loved it so much that we decided it HAS to be a tradition in our house. It is really yummy and I love that I can control what goes in like SUGAR! No artificial dyes either!

I made a double batch today and will store it in the fridge for about 2 weeks. If I was more organized I would have made it last week, but I don't really have a good plan yet. Someday maybe I will. I am getting better each year! Hey, at least it is early! Yay!

Our family loves this recipe, and because it is so good I thought I would share it with you. Honestly it has to be simple in order for me to like a new recipe. Secondly I have everything on hand that this recipe calls for except maybe the cranberries. But what you buy you use so that is another plus. I hate trying out a new recipe and I have to go out and buy a bunch of food items that I will only use for that recipe and then I don't even use it all! What a waste.

Here are the tasty goods:


Cranberry Sauce

1 can (about 15.25 oz) Apricot halves
1 bag (12 0z) fresh cranberries
1 fresh apple, peeled and chopped
3/4 cup sugar (if you want less or more adjust to your taste)
2 tsp ground ginger


Open up the can of apricots, reserving the syrup.

Add water to the syrup to make 1 cup. Chop the apricots and set aside.

While you are in the chopping groove, peel up the apple and chop it up too!
Wash the cranberries and pick out any ugly or mushy ones.
In a sauce pan add syrup, cranberries, sugar, apple, and ginger and on medium heat bring to a boil. Sirring on and off the cranberries will start to get frothie when boiling so don't get too hot.

Reduce the heat and simmer uncovered for 15 to 20 minutes or until most of the cranberries have burst.


They split in half or crack open like this when they burst.


Remove from heat; stir in apricots cool slightly then refrigerate covered for up to two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the great comments, I always appreciate them. This is a family blog, and some folks seem to forget that so I had to ad word verification to keep spam at bay and moderate all comments to remove adult content that is unwelcome on my blog. Thanks for your understanding.