Friday, April 3, 2009

Oyster Cracker Snax

I am SOOOOOO liking the blog Frugal Upstate. I went there today and she has a recipe that I have been wanted to get. I tried these crackers the last time I was visiting at Grannie's house and I loved them. I have been wanting the recipe for a long time.
I just made up a batch and they are yummy! I only made 1/2 of the batch that is in the recipe. It was so good I wanted to share it with you and to thank Frugal Upstate TOO! Easy to make, very low cost and tastes good, can't beat that!
This is her recipe:

Oyster Cracker Snax

2 bags Oyster Crackers

1 1/2C Olive Oil (reg canola in a pinch)

1TBS Dill Weed

1/2tsp Garlic Powder

1/4tsp Onion Powder

1tsp Lemon Pepper

1pkg Ranch Dressing Mix*


In a large bowl mix all the seasonings with the oil

Pour in the crackers and toss until coated. You could alternately use a very big plastic bag or re-usueable plastic tub for this.

Put crackers on a large cookie sheet in a single layer.

Bake for 45 min at 200 degrees, stirring every 15 min or so.

Cool before serving.


*Note: If you are a black belt frugalite such as me, you won't have a package of Ranch Dressing Mix on hand. To make your own follow this recipe:

Ranch Dressing Mix

1/2C dried buttermilk

1TBS Dried Parsley

1tsp Dill Weed

1tsp Onion Powder

1tsp Dried Onion Flakes

1tsp Salt

1/2tsp Garlic Powder

1/4tsp Pepper


Blend in blender. 1TBS equals 1 packet of mix. To make dressing combine 1TBS with 1 C Mayo and 1 C milk.

If you don't have the buttermilk either a) consider buying some-handy to have in the cupboard for any recipe calling for buttermilk or b) just leave it out and add the spices by themselves Then I'd cut the use to about 1 or 2 tsp.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the great comments, I always appreciate them. This is a family blog, and some folks seem to forget that so I had to ad word verification to keep spam at bay and moderate all comments to remove adult content that is unwelcome on my blog. Thanks for your understanding.